Thursday, April 16, 2015

Is it ever okay to admit to crushing on a woman's husband?

This is what I get for following Wendy Williams on Google+. I stumbled upon this cup of tea that I hadn't heard anything about until about twenty minutes ago.

It seems that my girl, KeKe Palmer is or has filmed a movie called Brotherly Love with my other girl, Tia Mowry-Hardricts's husband, Cory. 

Apparently, KeKe made a statement about crushing on Cory, who I think is a cutie (please don't come for me next, Tia) and Tia didn't think her comment was cute, in the least bit. As celebrities often do, Tia tweeted, then deleted a comment: "Saying you like married men in interviews is not cute...IJS!" She also posted a picture on Instagram, with the caption: Class goes a long way. I happen to follow Tia on Instagram and I saw the pic and comment just yesterday, but I had no idea what it meant, although my shade radar told me she was feeling a little salty when she posted that. 
Leave it to Wendy Williams to give insight- KeKe Palmer just so happened to be on her show and as we all know, Wendy couldn't wait to ask about this. KeKe laughingly said, she meant nothing by the comment, which she says she made when she was around ten years old, as she has been knowing Cory for a while, and that she doesn't like married men's no more (wait, I'm getting confused..the men's comment is from the 'delivert' guy) Anyway, Tia was not amused and set her straight real quick. You can see KeKe's interview with Wendy below while I take a quick potty break...


Okay, I'm back. So, now that you've watched the video, do you think KeKe was out of line, or did Tia overreact? I'm having mixed feelings about this one. As a married woman, I totally get where Tia was coming from...we have to get some of these chicks in check, because they will try it, and sometimes, we do have to take it there. But, I honestly don't think KeKe meant anything by saying that; however, she should have kept that little tidbit of info to herself. Going on national television to admit another woman's husband has you feeling some type of way...honey, those are fighting words. On the other hand, as beautiful as Girl Melanie, I mean Tia is, I think she was just having a little insecure moment because KeKe was slaying the red carpet in that aqua gown at the premier of her and Cory's movie. 

All wives have felt a little insecure when other beautiful women are in the vicinity of our men, whether we admit it or not. Because men are usually clueless, or pretend not to notice when another woman is skinning and grinning up in their faces, us wives have to step in and protect our men- like a lioness protects her cubs from all the other animals that are stalking them, just waiting on us to turn our backs so they can sink their teeth into them. That doesn't seem to be the case here, though. Hopefully, they will get it together. KeKe doesn't seem like the messy type, or the home-wrecking type. Do you think it's ever okay to publicly admit to liking another woman's hubby, even if it is just a harmless crush? If this should ever happen to you, would you react the way Tia did and call the woman out on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment