Thursday, June 12, 2014

I used to keep a notebook and when I'd get mad or upset, I'd take my pen out and write little poems to express how I was feeling. I was at work one night bored and this little poem came to mind:

A poem by J.L. Sapphire
So he doesn’t work or take me out,
doesn’t spend time with me and is always out and about.
With other women, he spends his time,
He constantly asks me for money but when I need his help,
He doesn’t offer me a dime…
But at least I have a man.
He never answers me when I call
But at night he keeps me climbing those walls.
Sexing me crazy, he drives me wild
But in front of his friends, he treats me like a child.
He’s never around to hold me at night
And if I ask, “Where you been?” it always leads to a fight…
But at least I have a man.
I’ve decided I’ve had enough, I’m going to leave
So I told him, “I’m done,” go and do as you please.
Mad at the thought of not having me around,
He grabbed me by the neck and threw me down to the ground.
With his hands around my neck, I knew I was through,
After choking me he got up and said, “Baby I love you!”
Heartbroken over this man that I love so much,
Even after all the violence, I still yearn for his touch.
Other people say leave him, run as fast as you can…
But I still love him even though they don’t understand…
At least I have a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment