Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sample Sunday - All Bets Are Off

Two women...both determined to win one man's heart...at any cost!

I've included the synopsis and a excerpt of 
All Bets Are Off
(the sequel to Two Can Play That Game)

**AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW ON AMAZON**

COMING VALENTINES DAY 2015

SYNOPSIS:
After Mya revealed to Gavin- her husband to be- on their wedding night that she couldn’t marry him because she was in love with his brother, Derek, Gavin angrily stormed out of the house, only to be tragically killed in a car accident minutes later. That was five years ago, and both Mya and Derek still carry around guilt in their hearts over Gavin’s death. But one good thing came from that tragic situation- Mya’s son, who was conceived with Gavin before he died. 
Over the years, Derek stepped up and helped Mya raise his nephew and, unable to hide his true feelings- that he’s still in love with her- he eventually asks Mya to marry him and adopts his nephew so that he wouldn’t grow up without a father. Happily married and having finally found real love, Mya’s dreams have finally come true; but it’s not happily ever after for the couple, just yet.
As Derek moves up the ranks at the record label he works at, Jasmine- one of his artists- develops more than just professional interests in him. No longer the cute 18 year old girl she was when Derek discovered her, she’s now a 23 year old sexy songstress, sought after by men everywhere- both personally and professionally; but she only has eyes for Derek. 
Derek thinks she’s harmless and it’s strictly business between them, but Mya knows what Jasmine is up to, and she’s not having it; however, will her jealousy and insecurity push Derek into Jasmine’s arms…and bed? 
All really is fair in love and war, because Jasmine will go to any extreme to get Derek in her bed; and Mya will go to any extreme to keep him in hers.  
May the best woman win. 


EXCERPT:
I know some of you all are probably thinking that I’m trifling as hell to still be with Mya, especially after all that went down with my brother Gavin- may he rest in peace. 
Yes, I was truly devastated when he died suddenly, and I’ll always carry the guilt around in my heart knowing that his death was partially my fault. But, the heart wants, what the heart wants. I fell in love with Mya the second Gavin brought her to Sunday dinner at our parent’s house for the first time, and introduced her as his girlfriend; and I’m still in love with her.
At the time, I thought that in typical Gavin fashion, she was just his new sex buddy until he got bored and moved on to the next girl. I didn’t know he was really serious about her until he proposed to Mya at my parents barbeque. I still wasn’t convinced that he’d changed his cheating ways, though…and I was right. I saw my brother fucking one of the strippers at his bachelor party. I was pissed, because Mya deserved better and before I realized what I was doing, I’d taken my phone out and recorded Gavin while he banged the dancer on his desk.
The shit hit the fan when I sent Mya the video of Gavin screwing another woman on the night of his bachelor party. Little did we know, she was already on her way to the room where Gavin and I were getting dressed, to tell him she couldn’t marry him…because she was in love with me. I hated seeing the hurt in my brother’s eyes after she told him that, but secretly, I was also happy as hell that she felt the same way I did about her. That was the first and only night that Gavin and I had a fist fight. That was also the last time I ever saw my brother alive, because he was killed in a car accident after he angrily stormed out of the house. My mother was so upset, she didn’t speak to me for days, and I couldn’t blame her. She’d lost one son and his death was caused by the actions of her other son. 
Even after all this, I still couldn’t stop thinking about Mya, especially after she found out she was pregnant. I’d hoped the baby was mine, but I wouldn’t be so lucky. Gavin was the father. However, that still didn’t stop me from being there to help Mya with my nephew in any way that I could. I fell in love with him almost as instantly as I’d fallen in love with Mya the first time I laid eyes on her.
At first, Mya and I tried to keep our relationship platonic, but that didn’t work for long. Eventually, we found our way back into each other’s arms and beds and picked up where we’d left off. I knew I wanted her and Lil’ G in my life forever, so I asked her to marry me; and even though my mother was originally against it, she came around. Mya and I got married in Las Vegas a year after my nephew was born. She didn’t want a wedding- she said it made her think of her last wedding day…the day Gavin died. So, my mom kept little man for us and we flew to Vegas for the weekend and made it official at a wedding chapel. 
I haven’t regretted my decision, not for one second since saying ‘I Do’; so anybody who thinks that I’m a snake for marrying her, well you know what they say- opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.






No comments:

Post a Comment