Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sample Sunday....Swinging in the New Year


EXCERPT: 



“Hey baby, how’s your day?”
“Rough, but I won’t complain.”
“That’s good. Anyway, I won’t keep you on the phone long; the reason I called is because my co-worker, Natalie…you remember her?”
“Yeah, the white girl you hang out with?”
“Yeah, her. Anyway, she and her husband are having a little get-together at their house this evening and she invited us to come. I was calling to see if you’re up for it.”
“A get-together, huh?”
“Yeah, nothing fancy, she said it would be just a few people. I know you’re not a big fan of hanging around a lot of people you don’t really know.”
“I’m not, but I guess it can’t do too much harm to go, even if just for an hour or so.”
So far, so good, she thought to herself. She took a deep breath while she smiled and nodded thanks to the waitress who’d just walked over and placed her food on the table in front of her. 
“Okay, but before we get there, I should tell you a few things first.”
“Uh oh,” he said. “I’m listening.”
“Well, Natalie and her husband, Alonzo…they’re swingers and they  also want us to come to their New Year’s Eve party Wednesday night and…” she blurted out real fast.
“Whoa, hold up…wait a minute. You say they’re what now?”
“Swingers…you know, couples who like to have sex with other couples?”
“I know what swingers are, Val,” he said. “What I want to know is why in the hell they think we’d be interested in being a part of anything like that? The young folks these days will do just about anything, I’ll tell ya.”
“I thought that too, at first. But it can’t hurt to just go and see what it’s all about.”
“Wait, so…you actually thought about this? You would really want to have sex with another man?” he sounded hurt, as she suspected he would.
“Baby, we don’t actually have to have sex with other men and women, that’s totally optional. We could just watch…”
“So, I’m still not enough for you, huh? After everything we’ve gone through and that mess you got yourself into a few years ago, sex is still your top priority?” he interrupted her, raising his voice. This was only the second time since they’d been married that Daryl had gotten loud with her, the first time being when she told him she’d been having an affair with the strip club owner.
Val could tell he was getting angry. “Daryl, calm down before you run your blood pressure up. It’s not even like that. All I said was they invited us to come; nobody said anything about having sex with anybody.”
“But that’s what people like them do, have sex with any and everybody. Well, I want no parts of it. If I wanted to go sticking my dick up in every Jane, Suzy, and Mary, I would have stayed single.”
Of all the names he could have used to make his point, he chose Jane, Suzy, and Mary, Val thought to herself while rolling her eyes.  Just as she’d suspected, Daryl wasn’t even trying to hear her or what she was talking about. He might as well had been saying, ‘Fuck you and the train you rode in on,’ just now.
“You know what, just forget it Daryl. Bye!”
She disconnected the call and slammed her cell phone down on the table. She sat there and tried to finish the rest of her delicious sandwich, but she’d lost her appetite now, so she tossed the other half of it in the garbage, and walked out into the mall. She slowly window shopped while she made her way back towards her job. 
She loved her husband dearly, but the fact that he was so damn stubborn and closed-minded, got on her nerves. If it didn’t involve church, family, work, fishing, or drinking and playing dominoes with the fellas on Friday nights, he wasn’t interested in it. He rarely took her out anymore, other than her birthday and their anniversary, and other than the, wham-bam-thank you-ma’am sex they had, their lives were as dull as a butter knife. 

**This book is available on Amazon on both Kindle and paperback**

No comments:

Post a Comment