Monday, November 24, 2014

Protect & Serve my A$$... #RIPMikeBrown


I've followed the Mike Brown case and as I already suspected, the officer who murdered him will walk away free. Was anybody really surprised that the jury wouldn't find cause to indict him, because I didn't. For one, he was black; also, once they immediately started saying he robbed a store and fought with Wilson, I knew it was a wrap. If he did in fact rob the store, he should have been punished, but when did death become the automatic sentence when it comes to black men? They don't even get a second chance. It's shoot first, then drag him through the mud and destroy his character after the fact. Stealing cigars or shoving a store clerk should not be punishable by death, yet that's exactly what happened here. 

I guess officers are being taught in police academy that if the suspect is black, to automatically pull their guns and shoot....multiple times. I'm still curious as to why a bullet to Brown's legs wasn't enough to take him down, since it's been reported that he was running with his hands in the air? Guess we'll never know. Not until the next time it happens...and it will. I'm to the point where I'm no longer angry that so many of our young black men continue to get shot down in the streets like animals, I'm just tired of reading the same stories over and over. Trayvon Martin, Jordan Davis, Mike Brown, Oscar Grant, Sean Bell....who will be added to the list next? They weren't all murdered by cops, but they were all killed for having the wrong skin tone. I pray to God it's not my son, or nephew, or brother that people are reading and protesting about next, because unfortunately, being black men makes them all automatic threats to society. 

This whole case, the many before this one, and the one's that are sure to follow, have truly saddened me. No mother should have to bury her child, especially when the situation could and should have been handled better. We need less trigger happy cops, and more who truly are there to protect and serve ALL citizens, not just certain ones, because I honestly believe that if any of the men named above were white, I wouldn't be typing this. And for anyone who wants to claim this makes me racist, save it. You can't and won't possibly understand, not until your sons are being targeted simply because of their race. 

This mess really needs to stop....too bad it won't! #SaveOurBlackBoys





No comments:

Post a Comment