Saturday, November 14, 2015

My Review of The Patti LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie



By now, we've all seen or heard about the Facebook video that's gone viral of the guy eating the Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie, which he thought tasted so good, it made it break out in song and dance, Patti LaBelle style. If you've somehow missed it, watch the video below,




So, I (like the majority of people on social media) simply had to go out and get the pie after seeing this video. I went to Walmart yesterday, and literally said a silent prayer, "Lord, please let them have this Patti LaBelle pie when I get there." My daughter was with me, and she was like, "I sure hope they got that pie; 'cause if they don't, you're gonna be mad." So, I get to Walmart, and power walk through the parking lot, trying to hurry inside. I got over to the pie Thanksgiving display table, and my heart sank, because I didn't see Patti. Then, I walked around the table, and there she was. YES! I grabbed up Patti, then headed to the checkout counter. I couldn't wait to get home to taste this pie, y'all. 

So, I get home, get a fork, and cut me a slice, thinking I'm about to go into Patti LaBelle mode as soon as I taste it. Well, I didn't have the same reaction the guy in the video did. First of all, I'm not really big on sweet potato pie, anyway. I'll eat maybe a slice or two at Thanksgiving time, then I'm over it. Anyway, Patti's pie was good, don't get me wrong, but she got a little too happy with the nutmeg. I was a little disappointed, because I wanted to sing too, but oh well. I paid $3.66 to see what all the hype was about, so I wasn't too mad. 

Have you tasted the infamous Patti LaBelle pie, and what are your thoughts? Regardless of whether you liked it or not, this man got the world talking about this pie, and even received a call from Patti, herself, after she saw his video. 


No comments:

Post a Comment