Sunday, January 10, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY: Unexpected Situations- Simone's Divorce Chronicles 1

 Enjoy this little excerpt of Unexpected Situations: Simone's Divorce Chronicles- Vol.1. I've decided to make this a three (maybe four) part series. #ComingSoon

**unedited and may change before book is published**


“So, Gary called me, I’m guessing soon after you gave him my number. He sounded okay over the phone. Actually, he sounded better than okay. He said all the right things; he said he’d been married and was divorced, and we bonded over the fact that’s I’ve just gotten divorced. So far, so good at that point. He told me that he’d saw a picture of you and I together one day when he was at Mike’s house, and he thought I was really pretty and wanted to meet me. We talked on the phone for almost an hour, and he sounded like someone I wouldn’t mind talking to or hanging out with from time to time. So when he asked me if I’d like to meet for drinks, I told him yes.”

“So where did y’all go?”

“I told him to meet me at Applebees. First of all, he was late…thirty minutes late, to be exact. I almost started to think he wasn’t coming. I was sitting at the bar sipping on my second margarita when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and say, “Hey pretty lady, sorry I kept you waiting.”  

I recognized his voice, so I turned around. This fool had a jerri curl on what little hair he has on his head and gold teeth. And his hairline had the nerve to be receding, on top of that. He reminded me of Bishop Don Juan with those gold chains and that loud yellow silk pimp suit he had on.”

I waited for Danielle to stop giggling on the other end of the phone before I continued telling her about my meeting with Gary.

“He sat down and ordered himself a drink…didn’t ask me if I wanted one. I let that slide since I had already bought my own drink. So, we start talking and I notice that he’s real touchy-feely, which I don’t like. He kept trying to put his hand on my thigh. I don’t like men touching me unless I give them permission to, so I politely kept removing it. When he wasn’t trying to touch me, he was staring at my cleavage. 

“Ooh girl, you sure got a nice set of tit’s on you. I’m a breast man too…ooh wee. I’d suck on those babies 24/7 if I could.” He’d followed that statement up by licking his lips, which made me uncomfortable as hell. 

I’d tried to steer the conversation away from my body parts and onto something more appropriate. Gary was coming across as a sleazy perv, but he was harmless at that point. “So, what do you do for a living,” I’d asked after having to order and pay for my own drink.

“A little of this, a little of that,” he replied after taking a sip of his beer. He’d only had one, but his eyes were glossed over like he’d had several drinks before he came. “What about you…what you do for a living?”

“I work in the revenue office at the court house,” I told him.

His eyes traveled up and down my body, making me nervous again. 
“Girl, with a body like yours, you shouldn’t be wasting time at that courthouse; shoot, you got a body for the streets. Men would pay top dollar for you.”

Wait, did he just say what I thought he had? “Excuse me?” 

“Check it, baby. Why don’t you come work for me. You can make more money working for me than you can at that courthouse. I already got about six gals working for me, and they bring in good money, even after I get my cut. Good as you look, though, I don’t know if I’d wanna share you.” He leaned in a little too close to me, which made me lean back on my bar stool. “And you smelling good, too; girl, I’d give you all the money in my pocket and drink your bath water if you let me hit that. And I like to lick it too.” He leaned in and winked at me.

That was it. Date’s over. I stood up and grabbed my purse off the other bar stool, then turned to walk out. 

“Hey, where you going, baby?” 

I walked out and headed for my car. I didn’t know who that fool thought he was, but I didn’t appreciate the way he’d acted. Just as I unlocked the door and was about to get in, he came up behind me. I tried to hurry up and open the door, but he pushed it back shut.

“Where you going, you sexy thang?” He was standing so close to me, and the combination of his Old Spice and his breath was making me nauseous. 

“Home. Would you move up off me, please?” I said while holding my breath.

“But the date’s just getting started. I thought we were having a good time.”

“You thought wrong. Now move.”

“Oh I see; you’re one of those kind who likes to play hard to get, huh? Well, that’s fine too.” With his body weight still pressing me against me car, he pulled a roll of money from his pocket. He peeled off a hundred dollar bill, then waved it in my face. “See this here? What you think this can get me,” he asked as he waved the bill in my face. He leaned in and planted a wet, sloppy kiss on my cheek.

I turned my head as I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him as hard as I could.

“Oh, that ain’t enough, huh?” He peeled off another hundred. 
“Surely this ought to get me some?”


“They can’t print enough money to make me want to sleep with you,” I told him. 

“Well in that case, I’ll just take it,” he said, putting his money back in his pocket. 

His smile disappeared and his eyes grew dark. He was scaring me, for real. I reached in my pocket and fingered my pepper spray. When Gary lunged at me, I sprayed his ass. While he yelled and cursed and rubbed his eyes, I quickly got in my car, locked the door, and took off.

“Oh my God; I’m so sorry, Simone. I had no idea Gary was that kind of guy. I never would have given him your number.”

“Whatever, bitch. I just know not to ever go out with anybody you try to hook me up with again.”

“He’s just one man. All men are not like that. But again, I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you.”

“You sure will, heifer. Bye!”


No comments:

Post a Comment