Saturday, January 9, 2016

Uber excited...my short story was chosen to be part of The Ex Chronicles Anthology...

Last night, I got some of the best news I've gotten since I began my literary journey. Back in October, I came across a post on Facebook that NAACP Award Winning Author and National Best Selling Author ReShonda Tate Billingsley (Mama's Boy and Let The Church Say Amen) was looking for authors who were interested in being a part of an anthology she was doing, called The Ex Chronicles. After second guessing myself as to whether or not I should submit a story, I finally decided to go for it. You can't get ahead if you never take the first step. 

Earlier yesterday, I remember thinking, I guess my story wasn't accepted, because I hadn't heard back from her. I wasn't upset, I just told myself to keep trying. Some best selling authors were told no numerous times before someone told them yes. Then, I checked my email last night before I went to bed, and saw an email from her. My short story submission was accepted. Out of over 300 submissions, my story made the 15 chosen for the book. I only began my literary journey in 2014, and I'm still a relatively unknown self-published author, so this is kind of a big deal for me. To be chosen out of so many other authors to work with the best of the best in the African-American literary world...I have been cheesing all day. 

Stay tuned for the cover and more about this anthology that I'm so honored to be a part of. I can only go up from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment