Thursday, March 26, 2015

#TBT 3/26/11- Our Wedding

Wow, time flies. On this day, 4 years ago, my husband and I were running around like chickens with our heads cut off, doing last minute preparations for our wedding. We paid for, and planned it all ourselves, which translates to- I cooked a lot of the food served at our reception and had to decorate the reception building. In hindsight, if I could do it all again, I would have ignored my husband convincing me that we didn't need a wedding planner, and left all that responsibility to her, because having to do everything ourselves, took away from us really enjoying our day. We did have family helping us, and I can't thank them all enough for everything.

Since it's #TBT I've decided to share some of our wedding photos. I didn't have my dream wedding, but we utilized what we had and we were happy, and we're still together...that's what really matters. Happy Anniversary babe!

We did a first glance photo. I remember when I walked in, his back was to me. I either said something or tapped him on the shoulder, but his reaction to me when he turned and saw me was priceless. 








My husband has become a wonderful step-father to my two kids. They love him, and he will go out of his way to get them what they want and need, the way a father should. 



My uncle walked me down the aisle.  

I did the ultimate wedding no-no, the one thing that would make David Tutera cringe- I ordered my wedding dress online. This will always be one of my biggest regrets. I was trying to stay on a budget, so I cut corners, but for this one day, I should have splurged and went to a bridal shop and bought my gown. As you can see, my, er, lady lumps are quite visible. IDK who I let convince me that a busty gal, such as myself, should wear strapless, but I couldn't spend the day crying about it. I made it work the best I could.





I love this pic of my husband surrounded by the bridesmaids. I can only imagine what was so funny...














Me and my grandmother, who raised me...



Our little family...



Me with my mother and sisters...









My daughter served as my flower girl...



I struggled with what song to walk down the aisle to. Then I heard this song, Soulmate by Dre, which was also the song that Toni walked down the aisle to when she married Todd on my favorite t.v show, Girlfriends, and I thought, perfect! Funny though, my uncle kept saying, "You sure about this? You still have time to turn around and run!" as we walked. I was so nervous, so that kept me silently laughing and calmed me down.




When I first saw this pic, I hated it because my smile is so big. But the more I looked at it, I liked it, because it showed how happy we were to finally be Mr. & Mrs. 



If you can't already tell, pink is my favorite color, so my wedding colors were fuschia, black, and white. I knew I didn't want to wear white shoes, so I had these dyed to the color of my liking.



Cake, cake, cake....It was just as delicious as it was beautiful.



Almost flashed my ta-ta's while cutting the cake...but I love this pic.



Neither of us dance, so we just sort of swayed to the beat for our first dance. We danced to the song, 



Beyonce's Single Ladies was playing as the ladies lined up to catch the bouquet...



My husband's family is uber religious, so I was a bit nervous when it came to this part. I thought my husband would nicely reach under my gown and remove my garter, but at the last minute, the photographer told him to use his teeth, which was right up his alley....smh! 



I's married now (Shug Avery voice) 


Perfect wedding or not, we had a blast that day. It started storming later that evening, and it continued to do so that night, and all day the next day. We spent our honeymoon in Hot Springs, but unfortunately it was cold and storming, at one time even hailing, so what did we do? We sat in out very nice expensive hotel room, and watched the Law & Order: SVU marathon on USA, while looking at our wedding photos...our photographer had uploaded a few of them to Facebook by the time we woke up the next morning. We're very casual and down to earth, so we had breakfast at the Waffle House, and even though it was raining, we still got to go out and enjoy the city a little bit. 

#TBT #Wedding #WeddingPhotos


No comments:

Post a Comment