Friday, October 10, 2014

Addicted Movie Review **SPOILER ALERT**


**SPOILER ALERT**

I really don't know where to start so I'm just going to dive in. I think I read Addicted before, but it was so long ago I actually forgot most of it. Luckily, I came across the book a few weeks ago on Amazon for .99 cents. I wanted to read it so I cold get re-acquainted with the plot before the movie came out and I wouldn't be totally lost. If you've ever read a Zane novel, you already knew there was going to be some sexing going on and you know how most movies have watered down sex scenes? (ex- in Breaking Dawn Part 2 when Edward & Bella finally got it on and you just knew that after them waiting four years, their vampire sex was going to be HOT and while it was sensual, it was very PG-13)  Welp, not this one! 
I think there was a sex scene in the first five or ten minutes of the movie and it was on from there. The story centers around Zoe (Sharon Leal), who is happily married to her husband, Jason (Boris Kodjoe- who is handsome but really does nothing for me) but there is one problem...he does NOTHING for her in bed, which leads her down a path to seeking pleasure outside the marriage, starting with Quentin (played by William Levy) Y'all, that man is so freaking sexy, I was squirming in my seat several times throughout the movie. Those steamy sex scenes- along with his sexy Spanish accent- had a sista feeling some type of way. (Takes a moment to fan myself) #HotFlashes
Okay, I'm back....so Zoe gets sexually involved with Quentin, seeking  to satisfy her sexual urges, only he falls in love with her and demands she leave her husband- the love of her life- for him. She refuses and while she still sneaks over to his place to get her back cracked, she also begins another sexual affair with Corey (Tyson Beckford). Now, I've never thought Tyson was all that hot (except for that one time back in the 90's when he was in Toni Braxton's Unbreak My Heart video), but those sex scenes between him and Zoe....(I have to fan myself again.) And I'm quite sure all the sex  scenes were simulated, but DAMN if it didn't look real to me, especially the one with Quentin and Zoe on top of his car. #LawdHaveMercy Now if I remember correctly, in the book Zoe also sleeps with Quentin's sexy female neighbor, Diamond (played by Kat Graham- the girl from The Vampire Diaries) but the movie didn't really focus on that issue. 
Zoe is in counseling throughout most of the movie, talking to the therapist- played by that LOUD woman from the Tyler Perry movies- (Tasha Smith), trying to get help for her sexual addiction, but she just can't stop creeping on the D.L. with both Quentin and Corey. She has no idea that Quentin is a psycho who will try to kill her in the end. Why is it that the fine one's are always crazy as hell???? #RandomThought
I saw a few people on social media say they were disappointed because the movie didn't stick to the book, but I disagree. I think the movie followed the book very well, until the end. In the book, it's revealed that Quentin murdered his siblings, as well as Corey- Zoe's other lover- and Diamond, but this wasn't shown in the movie. Other than a few other minor changes, the screenwriter really didn't deviate too much from the book. 
All in all, this was a very good movie and I will definitely try to go back and see it again...okay who am I fooling, I really just wanna go back and see William Levy's sexy ass again (and I mean that literally...there is some nudity in this movie so be prepared if you haven't already seen it.) I wanna personally shake the hand of whoever decided to cast him in this movie, because to me, he stole the show. 
Bravo to the cast and to Zane for writing such a great novel. Aside from the sex, there was a positive message in the story about sexual addiction. It's real- just like drug, alcohol, and gambling addictions- and if not treated, it can ruin your life. After seeing this movie, Fifty Shades of Grey (which comes out on Valentine's Day) better bring it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment