Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week In Review






I come across so many crazy news stories in a week's time...these are a few that really got my attention. First of all, the lesbian who's suing the sperm bank because she got a black baby (insert side-eye). First of all, the baby is beautiful and it's a good thing she's too young to know what type of ignorant heifer she has as a mother. Out of ALL of the issues in the world today, she's concerned because of the child's race??? This ish made me mad for real, especially her talking about how she'd never known a black person until she went to college and how her uncle makes racist statements all the time, but the baby's race is not the reason why she's suing the sperm bank....umm hmm, okay (insert eye-roll). She, as a lesbian, should know exactly how it feels to be discriminated against or talked bad about for being different, yet she'd subjecting this baby to the same thing. #GIRLBYE

It breaks my heart to have to say R.I.P. to the Little Rock realtor, Beverly Carter, who was reported missing and later found dead. Because I'm an Investigation Discovery/First 48 addict, I knew after the second day went by that this lady would probably not be found alive and it brought tears to my eyes when I came across the story on Facebook that her body was found, buried. The a$$hole who kidnapped and killed her says he only targeted her because she worked alone and was wealthy, which scared the hell out of me, because you never know what psycho is out there watching your every move, plotting to do something stupid. The fact that he was so nonchalant about it just pissed me off even more. Now, her husband and kid's are planning a funeral (I'll never forget her son crying on Nancy Grace) while the killer's dumb a$$will still live for years, even if he does get the death penalty (which he definitely deserves). R.I.P. Beverly

However, at least one innocent victim's family finally got justice though- Michael Dunn, the racist prick who shot and killed unarmed teenager, Jordan Davis while he sat in the backseat of a car- because he didn't like his music and because Jordan DARED to talk back to him and stand up for himself- was FINALLY convicted of murder. In the first trial, he was charged with three counts of attempted murder for the other three young men who were in the car with Jordan when he was killed, but there was a hung-jury on the murder charge and another trial was scheduled. It never should have taken a second trial, but I'm so glad the jury got this one right and didn't let another racist murderer walk free like Zimmerman did. R.I.P. Jordan.

Lastly, I heard about the racist cartoon about President Obama and I didn't really dwell on it because let's face it, we've been seeing and hearing racist statements like this about this man since his first term. It's not the first and won't be the last one. All it shows it that no matter how much some people want to CLAIM that their issues with the President has nothing to do with his race, dumb ish like this only proves they're lying. Also in regards to the President, I pray he gets some REAL protection around him because with all the nonsense that's gone on over the last few weeks (an armed man allowed on an elevator with the POTUS, the man who jumped a fence, overpowered security, and made it into the White House-talk about an inside job) it's only a matter of time before some fool succeeds with his plan to harm this man and no matter how bad a job some people think he's doing as POTUS, he has a life and a family and deserves the same respect as all of the other President's before him. 

Welp, I'll be back next week to talk about more news stories....unfortunatley, there are so many to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment