Thursday, October 2, 2014

Law & Order: SVU's Solange/Jay Z, Ray Rice, Donald Sterling Episode


So...I'm just now watching last night's episode of Law & Order:SVU because Bring It was on and NOTHING comes before my girls... #DD4L (btw- last night was the season finale...what am I supposed to do with my Wednesday night's now?) 

Anyway, I know SVU does a lot of 'RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES' stories (I.e.the Chris Brown/Rihanna episode and that Paula Dean/Trayvon episode-which pissed me off), but it seems they're all over the place with this one. They combined Ray Rice, Solange/Jay Z, and Donald Sterling's racist arse all in one. (sidenote who is this cheesy guy who's replaced Det. Amaro??? He's sooo annoying) 

I had hope that this would be interesting the first few minutes of the show, but then it became predictable- women coming out the woodworks accusing the popular black athlete of rape, only to find they had been paid to lie, which led to the racist rant from the Sterling character. I found myself rolling my eye's at 'Sterling', although the actor did his job well because I wanted to slap the bell out of him when he told his daughter she's lucky she didn't catch "THE AIDS" and the comment about the bastard baby. 

Overall, I think they hyped this one up more than necessary because the previews made me think this would be a lot more juicy when it was the typical story that I feel like I've seen on SVU before. They kind of rushed this one but lucky for Dick Wolf, there will always be plenty of headlines for him to choose from to get the next one right.

No comments:

Post a Comment