Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Book Review: Naughty 2: My Way Or The Highway by Brenda Hampton



I went against my better judgement and read book 2 in Brenda Hampton's Naughty series...now I know why people say, "Always follow your first instinct." I wanted to throw my Kindle against the wall so many times while reading this book. Luckily, I didn't. Instead, I would calmly put it down, and walk away until I could stomach these characters some more, which is why it took me longer then usual to finish it.

Synopsis:

Jaylin Jerome Rogers is back, and he's naughtier than ever!
After his marriage proposal is rejected by the only woman he's ever loved, Jaylin has come to the conclusion that women are only good for one thing. Now he's on a mission to fulfill his desires at all costs, and any woman who gets with him is in for a rough ride. Still, no matter how disrespectful or cruel he has become, his wealth, good looks, and talent in the bedroom make it easy for him to have a new playmate for every night of the week.
Just when Jaylin thinks life is perfect and everything is going his way, a past lover delivers a shocking message to him. This staggering revelation sends him traveling back down memory lane, and Jaylin realizes that the women he disrespected are the very women he needs.
Will Jaylin finally learn that it's not all about him, or will he be forever naughty?

Review:

This book and the characters just made my head hurt. I literally can't stand Jaylin, and I found myself having to remind myself several times that he's just a fictional character. The women are so dicmatized, it's ridiculous and I could no longer feel any ounce of sympathy for any of them when Jaylin mentally, emotionally, sexually, and physically abused them, because they allowed it. Just when I told myself I cannot and will not read another book about these silly, simple-minded people, Brenda threw a monkey wrench at the end of the book, and my curiosity has me wanting to know what will happen next, although it will probably be a while before I do. I mean, I get it- I've been foolish in love a time or two myself. Most hopeless romantics usually are. I've stayed with men who had no intention of ever treating me the way I wanted to be treated, just like Jaylin. But even I knew when to say, enough is enough...AND MEAN IT! These chicks kept whining about how horribly Jaylin treated them and disrespected them, but the minute he initiated sex, they folded so quickly and easily, I just wanted to scream. Jaylin and his buddies represent everything in men that I absolutely hate. Women are just games and objects to them. They fall in love based on looks and who's better in bed, and they've all slept with the same women, so the sitting around comparing notes about the women they've shared (or plan to share) just made me sick. These men would never get a second glance from me. I can spot a dog a mile away, and money or a big, uh, package, doesn't get or keep my attention; unfortunately, the same can't be said for Nokea, Scorpio, Felciai, Daisha, or any of the other female characters in this book. 

Rating:





I give this book four stars, if only for the fact that the author was able to get so many emotions from me while I was reading, meaning she did her job. I have never literally gotten a headache while reading because the characters were so stupid and nauseating...


No comments:

Post a Comment