Friday, April 17, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay


Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am totally addicted to cupcakes. Seriously, I think  I need therapy. So, while browsing the shelves in the library for something interesting to read, the cupcakes on  the cover of this cozy mystery caught my eye. 

Blurb:  January 4, 2011
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura's Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery is gearing up for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately someone has iced Baxter Malloy on his first date with Mel's mother. Now Mom's a suspect, and Mel and Angie need to find time around frosting to dig into the man's shady past and discover who served him his just desserts.

Review:
This book had everything I look for in a cozy mystery: cupcakes, mystery, and a touch of romance. It took me inside the selfish, and often embellished lives of the rich and famous.I loved the wit and sarcastic humor between the main characters- Mel, Angie, and Tat- almost as much as I loved the recipes of the cupcakes being made throughout the book. The couples cupcake baking class is definitely something I could see myself convincing my husband to attend. I was able to figure out who the killer was about half-way through the story, but still enjoyed reading it through until the end to see  how everything played out. I was really hoping that Angie and Tate would work things out, but who knows...stranger things have happened. I don't want to include too many spoilers, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and would love to read the rest of the series.

Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment