Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Wreckless (Lunch Break Series) by Stephanie Nicole Norris


I came across this book a few days ago while browsing the #FreeBlackKindleEBooks page on Facebook. What drew me in was the Lunch Break Series...letting me know it was a short story. I'm usually so busy with work, taking care of the kids, writing my own books, and everything else, that I rarely have time to sit down and read a full length novel. For those reasons, I've been reading a lot more short stories than usual. I'm so glad I came across this one, because it was pure entertainment from the first page.

Blurb:
 December 30, 2013
Publisher: Love is a Drug, Ink
Jasmine Johnson wants nothing more than to be swept off her feet by classmate and cutie Maurice Desmon Jones. Everything about him, from his obvious confidence to his charisma, makes her melt like ice cream on a sundae cone.

One day, someone threatens to challenge her for his affection and Jasmine goes into a jealous rage, unable to control her emotions. Obsession sends her over the edge and there is no turning back. In the eye of a brewing storm, she has to come up with a clever way to get out of the catastrophe she has created and she won’t give up, even if she has to die trying.


Review:
Talk about a crime of Passion!!! I wasn't expecting this story to be what it was, but I wasn't disappointed. Jasmine had a huge crush on Maurice, and became enraged when she walked in on her roommate, Teresa in bed with him. The story just gets all out of control from there. Lies, a murder, a cover-up... I felt as if I were watching a Lifetime movie. Jasmine totally lost it and was just a complete nutcase, willing to get rid of anybody who got in her way, all in the name of love. I was rooting for Saundra the entire time, and literally held my breath more than a few times because every time it looked like the story would go in one direction, something else would happen.I loved that this book was straight and to the point, without all the extra fluffiness, in an attempt to make the story longer, like some authors tend to do. There were a few errors, but nothing that took away from the story. Bravo to this author for capturing my attention and taking me on a wild ride in less than 70 pages!!

Rating:




#BookReview #StephanieNicoleNorris #LoveIsADrugInk 

No comments:

Post a Comment