Thursday, April 23, 2015

Scandal recap

Okay, now that my heartbeat has returned to normal...

Shonda was playing with every last one of my emotions tonight. First, she had us walking around humming old church hymns for a whole week, thinking Jake was really dead. I know I'm not the only one who almost literally shed some tears? And if I am, oh well. Jake is my boo, but I found it a little unbelievable that he would be taken down so easily since he's made his living being a killer. 

Brian White a*k*a* Russell has really played this role well, tricking Liv into thinking he's a good guy...well, until the end of the episode. When I tell y'all I literally HATE Papa Pope with a passion...there aren't enough words in the English language to describe it. I know Joe Morton is doing his job well, because I can just picture in my mind the party I'm going to throw when he finally gets taken down. Like, I am really praying the good Lord will allow me to live long enough to see that happen. I know I shouldn't let a fictional character have me thinking such evil thoughts, but I can't help it. Y'all are probably feeling the same way. Especially after he managed to take down the Russian dude that Liv sent to try to take him out, Liv's client and her kids. That scene was a little hard to watch, real talk. Why the babies, Lord??? 

Now, about that mini heart attack I almost had when Jake looked over and saw Russell in the bed beside him. All I could think was, really!!!! As much as I can't wait to see Papa Pope get shanked, I can't wait until Huck has some good ol' twisted, murderous fun with Russell- and by fun I mean doing him the same way he did my precious Jake. But we all know Huck will get carried away and probable chop his body up into pieces and do who knows what with them. 

The whole thing with Mellie was just blah...I'm really over her. But kuddos to Fitz for trying to help her out. I mean, it's the least he can do, seeing as how he's had his mistress all up in the White House, parading her around in Mellie's face. I need Fitz and Liv to get back together, for them to cue that music that always starts to play as they gaze into each other's eyes, or something. I need to see some sex, dammit! And I thought I was about to see it, when Liv sauntered over to Russell- who was lying on the bed looking like, "Come and get me, baby," - in her lingerie and climbed on top of him all seductive like. I was screaming, "NOOO! Liv is about to have sexy time with the man who tried to kill Jake!" At the same time, I was like, "Heeyyyy...Liv looks like she is about to rock Russell's world." And rock his world she did when she pulled that gun out and pushed it against his temple. My girl, she never let's me down.  

I have to admit, for a minute, Scandal almost lost me as a viewer because it started to get a little far-fetched, but these last few episodes have given me my entire life, as they have gone back to the original formula. Now, we gotta wait two whole weeks to find out what happens next, so until next time, y'all be good! "I'll holla!" (Cedric The Entertainer voice) 

No comments:

Post a Comment