Wednesday, April 1, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Deacon Do Me Right by Akilam


I am so proud of this author. A year ago, she was inspiring me to write my first novel. This is her second book, a novella called Deacon, Do Me Right.

Blurb: 
Publication Date: January 26, 2015
This is Part 1 of an erotica e-short series that is sure to make you have a couple of aw hell no moments.
Meet David and Marlana Malone-Gilmore, a mid-forties couple in Detroit, MI. On the outside, they appear to have the perfect life. They have great self-started careers, healthy children, a great church home and a beautiful home to raise their family in. But all that glitters isn’t gold OR silver for that matter.
Sidney D. Wright and his wife Mia are new transplants to Detroit, MI from the south, Birmingham, AL to be exact. This young mid- twenties couple has a lot looking up for them in their new city. They are closer to her family and expecting a new bundle of joy. Life isn’t perfect as they think either because with relocation comes trouble. Mia’s pregnancy has joys, highs and lows, insecurities and questions which draw a wedge between the two newlyweds.
When you see your marriage is suffering with a small problem, work on it with your spouse instead of ignoring it until you are faced with nowhere to run BUT into the arms of the wrong person. These families have problems and secrets that may or may not spill out. Deceit is very present in their lives households and even though something may feel very “Wright”…to you, it could very well be wrong.


My Review: Scandalous!!!!
This book just made me shake my head. The main character is in a lackluster marriage, and soon begins a steamy affair with one of the deacons at her church. I know that marriage can be hard sometimes, but the way these two go about things, doesn't help the situation. One must be very careful not to give in to temptation, because there are always consequences to our actions. In this case, there is a shocking twist at the end that I definitely did not see coming. That damn deacon (smdh) it's people like him that cause me to give a side-eye to a lot of so-called church folk, these days- they preach one thing, then do the exact opposite. Overall, the story drew me in from the beginning, and I am so anxious to read part 2. 

My Rating: 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the spotlight!!!!! I appreciate this!!! Proud of your accomplishments as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete