Wednesday, April 29, 2015

BOOK REVIEW The Perfect Lie by Brian W. Smith


I lucked up and got this novella while it was on a free e-book promo. This was my first time reading a book by this author, but I loved the way he told this story, and I will definitely check out more of his work.

Blurb April 14, 2013
Treena Carter is about to marry the love of her life, Cedric Calderone, in one week. But, she has one problem - her ex-husband and thirteen year old daughter are determined to stop the wedding. And they come up with the "perfect lie" to make sure the wedding doesn't happen.

Review:
This story captured my attention from the first page until the last one. The author did a great job of showing the readers that you truly don't miss a good thing until it's gone. Jarvis definitely learned that, but his jealousy led him to using his daughter, Mya to tell the ultimate lie in an attempt to keep her mother- and his ex- Treena, from marrying her true love, Cedric. After what Jarvis and Mya did to this man, nobody would have blamed him if he had walked away from Treena and the relationship for good. I wasn't sure how things were going to play out, but I loved how it all came together in the end. That green eyed monster called jealousy is a dangerous thing. 

Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment