Friday, April 24, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Exposed- When Good Wives Go Bad by Anna J.


Ever since I've had my Kindle, I rarely go to the library since I can get any book I want with just 1 click. However, I'm so glad I decided to go to the library a few days ago to donate a few copies of my own latest novel, because I came across this gem. 

Blurb:
 October 1, 2013
It has been said that in a marriage you only get eighty percent of what you need. When the other twenty percent is too tempting to turn down, do you decide to go with your family life, or do you take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Simone, Te'Nae, and Shay are picture perfect wives and career women. Although they're able to juggle prestigious jobs, motherhood, and wifely duties with ease, they share a dark secret that, if exposed, could ruin everything they've worked hard to maintain. They will only get one chance to figure out if their families and marriages are worth more than the risks they're taking. They better hope they make the right decision, because once good wives go bad, there is no turning back, and the consequences can be major.


Review:
I thought this was a full length novel, but it was actually three short stories in one book. I liked the way each story blended into the next one, picking up where the previous story left off. 
The first story was about a policewoman named Simone who was in an abusive relationship with her husband, Darius. The irony was, she spent her days trying to help other abused women escape their abusers, while she herself was in the same situation. My mouth literally dropped open at times, as I could not believe Darius and the way he treated her. I kept yelling at the book like, "You're an officer of the law..shoot him!" When she had enough, she made the ultimate sacrifice to save her life. My heart truly went out to her.
In the next story, I felt like I was watching an unbelievable episode of some crime show on the ID Channel. Ta'Nae wasn't being physically abused by her husband, Malcolm, but he was cheating on her with several women, which was too much for her to accept. I could understand her being angry enough to want to do him harm, but she went a little overboard, then took her own life in the end. Because they had kids, I found her actions to be quite selfish, especially since she could have just took the kids and all his money, and moved on. Due to her extreme actions, it was hard to feel sorry for her. 
The last story was about the same as the previous one...Shay wasn't being abused; instead, her husband, Justin, was cheating on her with a few women. This one didn't end as tragically as Ta'Nae's but it did teach a valuable lesson about having affairs and the consequences that can come from sleeping around on your spouse. It's not worth it at all.
All in all, I enjoyed the book. There were some minor editing issues, but this was a very entertaining read about love, lies, and the need to get revenge. These were three very successful women, with careers and they certainly didn't fit the mold of the types of women who would be living the lives that they did. It just goes to show, abuse comes in many different forms and can happen to anybody, even you!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment