Thursday, April 9, 2015

Strutting in Stilettos: Pros & Cons

For as long as I can remember, I've loved high heels. I know I wasn't the only one who liked playing dress-up in mama's high heels when I was little. Being a bit of a tomboy, however, I've never found any reason to wear them other than a few times in life: prom, my wedding day, and occasionally, during sexy time activities with the hubby. If I do decide to wear them, in an attempt to look cute, you'd best believe I'm sitting down or perched up against something for support. If I were the type of woman to wear heels all the time though, I'd definitely want a sexy pair, like the ones in the picture. I definitely wouldn't be a kitten heel, type of chick. I'm a firm believer of, if you're gonna do it, do it right, and a pair of four or five inch stilettos would be the only way to go. Why?Because they're the best; and as with other flat things (i.e. our bosom) that doesn't get a man's attention, flat shoes are not gonna turn a man's head. 

Pros: 
Obviously, women love high heels because they exude sexiness. Wearing them makes our calves, bodies and postures look better, makes us look slender and taller, gives us more confidence, accentuates our curves, makes us look & feel more attractive, and gets us plenty of admiring looks from the fellas, because men love stilettos. For shorter women, they add a few inches to their height, and taller women feel like Naomi Campbell doing her thing on the catwalk. Sure, flats or sandals are cute sometimes, but we look an feel sexier in a pair of heels.

Cons:
But just as with everything else that we love, there's always a downside. And constantly wearing stilettos have some very serious consequences. When worn for long periods of time, heels cause damage and severe pain to a woman's hips, spine, knees, ankles, toes, and feet, especially for women who never learned to correctly walk in high heels. Don't believe me, just check out Real Housewives of Atlanta Claudia Jordan's feet. She was also one of the Deal or no Deal models, and she was saying on RHOA how her she has some of the ugliest feet ever, complete with corns and bunions, as a result of constantly wearing heels. Yes, the shoes are beautiful and make our legs look longer and sexier, but the higher the height of the heel, the more pressure that is put on the forefoot, which results in twisted and swollen ankles. 

I'm a big clutz and I have a hard enough time walking around in sneakers without tripping over my own feet, and now that I've gotten older, my knees are really bad, so wearing stilettos all the time is out of the question for me. But for women who wear them everyday, you have to decide what's more important: looking sexy or suffering from the consequences that constantly wearing high heels can cause you in the long run. It's almost like those prescription drug commercials they show on tv for depression and other things- sure, the meds will treat the problem, but there are just as many, if not more so, serious side-effects that go along with taking them. So, you have to choose between the lesser of the two evils; take a chance and hope everything works out in the end.   

No comments:

Post a Comment